Build an Owner-Independent Company and Get Your Life Back!
According to the Wells Fargo/Gallup Small Business Index, the average small business owner works 52 hours a week, with more than 20 percent working seven days a week. The U.S. Census Bureau says 88.6 percent of all U.S.-based companies still require the owner to be there as the primary person responsible for core functions like producing their product or service, managing the day-to-day operations, or managing the financial aspects of the business.
If you’re a business owner who wants to accelerate your company’s growth, but do it in a way that enables you to get your life back, this book is for you.
Join Wall Street Journal best-selling author David Finkel and former chairperson of the National Association of Manufacturers Stephanie Harkness as they give you a concrete, step-by-step map to empower you to build an owner-independent company and get your life back.
• The only sustainable way to escape the Self-Employment Trap™.
• The 4 most costly excuses that hold business owners back.
• The 8 essential building blocks upon which to scale your company.
• 25 formats to package your business systems.
• A powerful 1-page quarterly action plan format.
• 6 time mastery strategies to free up a full day each week to build your business.
• How a skilled surgeon tamed his medical practice not by working more, but rather by working less and empowering his systems, team, and culture to do more.
• How a contractor escaped the 70-hour-a-week trap, doubled his sales, and cut his work hours in half (and how you can too.)
• How a second-generation manufacturer took over his family business and brought it from the brink of failure to record profits.
• How a niche software company owner grew her company’s market value tenfold, while at the same time enjoying a greater sense of time freedom than she ever thought possible.
• And much more.
These two world-class entrepreneurs will show you how to sustainably grow your company, increase your profitability, and enjoy more time freedom. You will learn how to truly build a business, not a job.
David Finkel is CEO of Maui Mastermind®, one of the world’s premier business coaching companies, which has worked with more than 100,000 business owners, helping them grow their companies and get their lives back. Over the past 25 years, David and the other Maui advisors have personally scaled companies with an aggregate market value of $63 billion. He is the Wall Street Journal bestselling author of 11 books, including SCALE. He lives in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
Stephanie Harkness is a serial entrepreneur with more than 35 years’ experience and eight successful businesses under her direct leadership. The former chairperson of the National Association of Manufacturers, past recipient of its prestigious Freedom Award, and #5 on the Business Journal’s Top 50 Women Business Owners in California.